Designer: Una Burke



Hiya baby dolls! Hope all is grand...I hope you are having a great week so far...it's finally May! Yes, a new month and hopefully great sunshine weather for those it's the season for :) I discovered this designer sometime ago and finally got around to posting about it. I'm really interested in designers who have the ability to create something new and not just fall in line with that is meant to be trendy. I could definitely wear any of these pieces and think they'd look fabulous with a long vintage dress. The pieces make me think of Burlesque or bondage Dita Von Teese kind of stuff ;-) I really want the piece from the first picture and team it with some vintage gown flowing in the wind with dark smudgy make-up around my eyes and blood red lips and nails...would be heaven :))) I hope that you enjoy her work and wish you all a wonderful day!!

xoxoxo




 Úna Burke

{At the moment the eyes are saturated with the same, the has been, the re-hashed, the play it safers, the followers, the people who have problems getting dressed without some designer telling them what they should wear....this isn't it!!  Úna uses an original technique joining strips of vegetable tanned leather with brass fittings to create these dreamy frame like pieces that seeming look as if they could get up and walk away with imaginary bodies inside. Combined with other garments that flow and move it creates a beautiful contrast and immobilises the body evoking different feelings and presence.}



" Through my work, I continually aim to create leather object which are both visually captivating and technically challenging. They are pieces of wearable art which are indefinable  as particular garments preventing them from being placed into conventional categories of the fashion industry. They are free to exist as objects interpreted independently by each individual. I use traditional leather-working techniques to produce these evocative conceptual creations. In doing this, I hope to encourage new and more modern appreciation for leather craftsmanship and present possibilities achievable through the use of this material in both the areas of art and functional design." -  Úna


Website:




{©All images belong to Una Burke. Used for display purposes only. All rights remain with artist}













{Story behind the video:Once again Una Burke, notorious for her incredible leather statue like garments, and Andreas have teamed up to create something beautiful. This most recent collection of sculptural accessories and armour like body pieces investigates the changes that occur when prosthetic limbs and medical braces are applied to a body. 
In the research stages of this project Úna was struck by a series images called “Beautiful Pictures”. These were developed by the disabled artist Nicola Lane in 2001 for an installation called Aesthetics of Prosthetics"}

39 comments

  1. She's always know what to do with her idea in industry,.. brilliant, XD


    Love from http://benyricardo.com/itsme!/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that designers are now starting to make these mood videos of sorts for their collections - It really helps create the mood of their art, wouldn't you say?

    Lovely designer, thank you for sharing!

    Amber
    Ambersmouthwash

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stuff is just amazing Doll, Una has some serious talent although I'm sure she doesn't need me to confirm that for her, beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful !!! these are sculptures, pieces of art !!!
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you know I'm loving this way too much, right? I'm so happy that you shared this with us!

    Happy Wednesday, love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such intricate pieces, and that video is great!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow these are unique and gorgeous pieces!!!! every single detail makes it stunning!!! great designer really and those pictures are just gorgeous!!!!

    take care. hope you have a lovely week!!!
    xoxo, Haus of Gala

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for a night out at Club Noir!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I really need to make a mood video for my collection. Again you bring me loads of inspiration . . .
    Awesome designer

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shapes and structure are BEAUTIFUL! Happy week to you darling!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I can only see the shoulders of that first look, I can tell that I would love it. Her stuff is super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! I love this designer. She uses such strict and hard lines, yet contrast it by making sure the clothes hug the models curves! Just beautiful. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow super interesting structures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG is this FAB!?!?!? LOVE the bandage strips created by leather! I can only imagine the pricetag on this designer's line.

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing !! love it.

    Besos Storm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, and the first and second photos are perfect! :)

    Lau

    ReplyDelete
  17. Her designs are definitely unique. I like that.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the mood videos. This is serious "clothing artistry" - very nice! I'm a big fan of leather so sexy and feminine. Can also be worn on women of all ages.

    Leslte

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a truly fascinating designer! I'm not sure I could pull ANY of these looks off, but I would love to see them in person. They are works of art, really.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this stuff - so cool. Hope you are well doll - and hope there is sunshine on you and yours,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Her work is amazing! Love that white back piece. Hope you are well!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing art, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohh those corsets are so cool!! I've been looking for one to wear this season actually haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this stuff is amazing, I can only imagine all the time that goes into all the detail.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  25. these designs are amazing!!! very impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow. these are quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. amazing thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  28. This was definitely worth a read..her work is fabulous and so inspiring..It a different dimension I learnt today so thank you for sharing.
    Also, Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment. I am glad you liked my post. Please do visit me again :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such creative and unusual styles! She is so talented! Thanks for sharing! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    NY Style Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE!!!! Want the corset in the second picture from above! :D It's great to see there are still people who can come up with new things when it comes to fashion. I could definitely wear these things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE!!!! Want the corset in the second picture from above! :D It's great to see there are still people who can come up with new things when it comes to fashion. I could definitely wear these things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. amazing !!!!


    fashionfrommyeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's some BRILLIANT work. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ∞ © tanvii.com ∞

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig