Happy Monday my loves! I hope your weekend was bliss, to end my Wonder Woman series for this year (don't worry it'll be back next year) I wanted to share with you someone extra special...most of you will know her already...the marvellous Kim, from A Very Sweet Blog....a very sweet person SHE is actually. Over the time of blogging, we have gotten to know one another and she has become one of my closest friends & very much like a sister to me. We spend a good old time laughing about blogging and life in general. She always has lots of encouragement and happiness to share. Kim is one of the few people in the blogging world, that I find to be genuine and true. What you see is definitely what you get! Not only is she kind, supportive, genuine and sweet, she's also hard-working, dedicated, true and honest. And she makes me laugh like no other...it's always a joy & a blessing to spend time on her blog or when we have our girly chats. She'll be the best friend you need or the person to tell it to you straight when you need honesty...these are rare things to have in this world today. She doesn't seek to please herself, but help others & bring joy wherever she goes. That is why she is absolutely a Wonder Woman to me & even better - a dear friend! I hope you enjoy her interview & I wish you all a gorgeous Monday!!
Loves & Loves
1. You have a bachelors degree in Biology/Chemistry and a masters in Environmental Policy, do you think with a background like that, it's given you a different way of looking at the world of Fashion and beauty? Is there anything about the Fashion/Beauty world you dislike?
You would think the two don't connect at all, but they do. Organic beauty products and environmentally friendly eco-fashion are definitely the next big thing. I'm already seeing glimpses of it on the blogosphere. I'm finding bloggers are definitely paying more attention to ingredients in their beauty products. They're also questioning what their accessories and clothes are made of (eg. faux fur). If you look at just one PETA video of an animal being skinned alive, you'll definitely change the way you buy things.
2. If you could meet any women in history, of any occupation for a tea party, who would it be?
That would be a hell of a tea party! I love smart, strong, daring, beautiful, nurturing and giving women. At the head of the table would be Elizabeth I (she's my favorite), Cate Blanchett, Cleopatra, Eleanor Roosevelt, Mother Theresa, Lady Diana, Elizabeth Taylor, Rosa Parks, Ashley Judd, Angela Bassett, and Mila Kunis.
3. Your blog is all about support to women & them having their own businesses, what do you think of women who tear each other apart, instead of giving each other support?
I despise it. I've come across so many women like this, both in my personal and professional life. I bump into one "try-to-tear-me-down" woman a week! HaHaHa It's usually jealousy. Jealousy can make someone rear an ugly head and disposition. It doesn't bother me. Maturity has made me strong. What I hate to see, is when it happens to others. I would like to inject one thing...Blog Bullies! Their seems to be an epidemic of it making it's way through the blogosphere. I personally haven't experienced it, but many of my blog buddies have. Don't waste your time upset or crying over someone that talks badly about you or leaves you a nasty comment. It's just envy and jealousy. Bottom line, that person has problems! Keep moving forward! If people feel they can get to you, they'll continue doing so. Don't stand for any crap!
4. You can have one sweet and one sweet only for a year (I couldn't be so cruel to you & say for life) what would you choose?
5. If you could give all women 3 things in life, what would they be?
1. Confidence - I still see a lack of this nowadays. Some women say they have it, but beneath the education and glamour they're still unsure of themselves. I didn't always have this quality either, but now I'm filled to the brink. HaHa Always a fan of the movie The Sound of Music, I loved the song Julie Andrews sang... I have confidence! Whenever you're feeling a lack of it, sing it to yourself. Feel proud! Stand proud!
2. Be Decisive! Speak Up & Take A Stand! - A guy once told me, "Kim always make a decision and stick with it. If you're right, great! If you're wrong, it's simply a lesson learned". He was so right. No one likes a wish-washy person. If you like something, say it! If you don't, still say it! At least take a stand.
3. Remember 99 1/2 won't do (that's a song by carol lynn townes! haha) for you! I use to accept just any ole crap from anyone. I knew I wasn't getting what I was suppose to out of it and would feel bitter and resentment afterwards. But guess what? I did that to myself. I accepted that. So I have no one to blame but myself. Well not anymore! I'm worth 100% and so are YOU! Accept nothing less then what you deserve, in your personal and professional life. Businesses write me all the time asking to be on my blog. But guess what? First, I have to like your product. I'm not going to showcase an item if I wouldn't buy it myself. Second, you're going to pay me because me and my blog are worth it. I'm not coming to you! You're asking to be on my blog.