| Happy 2019 |


Things to try in the New Year, Enjoy your own company, take every opportunity that you get, have faith instead of giving up so easily, impress yourself instead of impressing others, lend a hand without expecting anything in return, smile more it confuses people.

Hello doll faces, Happy 2019!! I hope you had a fantastic and blessed Christmas time & bringing in of the new year. I took time off to spend it with my husband and daughters, we had a magical time playing games, eating & watching movies. It felt great to just shut off and relax. Now that everyone is back at work and school today, I am back to posting. I love the new year, it's a wonderful time to reflect back and look forward with new thoughts and ideas. I'm not one that makes resolutions or that kind of thing as I feel it can be unrealistic and put un-needed pressure on when you find you can't achieve them. So, I tend to think of it as intentions or goals that can lead to endless possibilities. I don't have many, but no doubt over the year more will spring to mind and I can write them down to begin. But, here they are:

1. Read more books - can you believe I read no books last year? The scandal as I am usually always with a book. But, this is changing as I've already bought a new book of poetry to begin. To make it even more fun & interesting, I am only going to mainly read literature from female authors - specifically authors of colour. I recently read an article that stated that female authors (especially those of colour) are the fewest to win Literature awards and top lists. This confounded me & I thought instantly that this was something that I myself needed to do. I'd also like to include transgender authors as well, it's important to have inclusiveness in all areas.

2. Continue to cut out plastic usage - Plastic is becoming a great problem in environmental studies. It has begun to clog our earth & cause great devastation to our wildlife & marine life. It can cause health problems too, which is also why I want to continue to stamp it out in any area I can over time. I've been following a Instagram page called Less Plastic and they give super information on cutting plastic out. I'm going to have a post on this at a later date!

3. Work hard on my blog - Yes, I want to continue blogging regularly like I finished the year with, go take photos in new and fun places, continue sharing fun places to eat and visit, more beauty products - because I'm addicted to them & of course share my outfits more too. If there is anything you'd like to see here, let me know in the comments. I'd also really really love to work with more brands & build my blog more & have fun with it.

4. Get back to regularly exercising - I say this with all sincerity, I feel sluggish when I do not keep active with exercises. This holiday has been nothing but eating with very little activity and I am feeling it now. So, I need to get back to it and have a regular routine rather than here and there exercising. I'm not getting any younger, haha!

5. Be Happy - And lastly, because as I said, I just don't do resolutions. I just want to continue to be happy & love myself! We don't often include happiness in changes we make and it for me is the most important thing - to be happy. Otherwise any changes you make are always going to end up in ruin because it all starts with you. You must be happy with your choices and yourself! So, don't forget to make yourself a priority this year and every day - you ARE important!



XOXOXO

21 comments

  1. Morning Kizzy! This is the kind of post to read to start well the week and the year! I share your thoughts, most of all I want to make myself a priority this year as I never did before. Seems a simple and granted thing but unfortunately we tend to forget it. My goals are happy and grateful! Have a nice week dear, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lilli!! Am happy you like it. Yes, making ourselves a priority is so important. I hope you've had a great week so far. hugs xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Kizzy, these are so inspiring goals for the New Year! Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you Kizzy! Wishing you a 2109 filled with much happiness, inspiration, laughter and good health! Yes I'm also all about being happy and the best way for me to do that is to live in the moment and just enjoying every experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, all the same to you and more!! x

      Delete
  4. You look adorable, what a beautiful Photo <3

    Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you really read no books last year?
    I am definitely a bookworm you know?
    Happy New year Kizzy!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't, it's a scandal. But, I will definitely read books this year :) x

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your wishes, I wish you all the best in this year, and I hope 2019 will be a fantastic year for you. I do New Year Resolutions but never too much of them, and I try to keep them realistic, for example things like starting a new hobby or finishing a course. I try to include things that I wanted to do for a while and let the new year motivates me to finally do them. Reading is another thing that I always want to pick up as the new year starts. I did read a lot in 2018 but I want to read even more this year.
    Lovely photos, especially that first one... You look so pretty in that pale blue blouse and with glittery make up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your blog endeavours this year babe, as well as your journey towards being happier! Happy 2019 darling!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year, beautiful! It seems good that you have taken a break, I did the same and enjoyed family time, I have not raised resolutions, I think the best thing is to set goals in the short and medium term and work hard for them, I also want to read more books this year. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year lovely. Yes, it was a great break. I'm glad you enjoyed the same. Kisses.

      Delete
  9. Hello my Dear and Happy 2019 to You and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every pointer is on my goals this year except for number two. Thank you for educating me on it. I'll do my part over here.
    Wishing you a blessed and great new year dear friend.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list!!

    P.S Your eye shadow is just stunning!!!!

    https://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig