| 5 Morning Habits to start your day |



Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of good habits...

Hello my lovelies! Am back on the blog, I had to break because I was unwell last week, Lily was unwell too, I slept all weekend practically and feel much refreshed and better now. It's starting to get much colder here now & all the Christmas decorations are out in the cities. This year is really flying by. Just a short post today on habits to have to start your day. I'm finding more and more now, that creating habits or routines for daily activities is the best way for me to accomplish the tasks I need to get done. Morning times with 3 girls can be chaotic, so I find doing these habits really help mornings run as best as they can. The picture above is actually from this morning, ha. But, don't worry I played on my phone after my tasks, haha!

Morning habits to start your day

No Snooze - if you go to bed on time, you won't need to hit the snooze button. Plus, hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep, only starts your sleep cycle over and if you wake up before it's fully ended, you'll feel more tired than you would have if you had just gotten up. I used to have a bad habit of this and would feel exhausted but once I just got up, I found my body would wake up more than if I just laid in bed hitting the snooze button. 

Hydrate - Drinking water first thing when you wake up can flush out harmful toxins in your body. I put lemon in my water and I've been finding such a difference doing that. I actually drink it throughout the day & find I don't snack as much and feel better hydrated. Plus, I tend to find water boring after a while, so the lemon is a healthy alternative to add flavour without having unhealthy drinks.

Breakfast - Breakfast helps burn calories by kickstarting your metabolism. You've slept a long time without food and water, so why put your body through waiting to nourish itself by skipping breakfast? Having a good breakfast can also keep the snacking away as we tend to snack on things that aren't good for our bodies and then wonder why we're out of energy before lunchtime. Your body will thank you.

Affirmations/Lists - Set at least 3 affirmations for the day or what you plan to accomplish. I find making lists of things to get done really help the day work out, I feel like I did the things I needed to get done instead of haphazardly getting things done that might not have needed to be done before other tasks. Then at the end of the day, I feel relief to have gotten tasks done.

No phone - Don't reach for your phone straight away as it can be distracting. I have to do this one or I get to reading the news or something else and before I know it, I am running late. So, I am being more aware to leave my phone alone while getting ready, so I can be on time and not feel rushed because I've lost track of time and am now running late.

Are their any habits you have that help you get through the mornings smoothly? Let me know them in the comments, Have a gorgeous start to the week dolls.

Loves & Loves
xoxoxo



28 comments

  1. Hi Kizzy! Sorry you have been unwell, hope you are doing fine now, take care! These habits are all good, love a great breakfast in the morning too, actually I woke up early so I am sure I can do a proper one! You look fab and dreamy! Many kisses dear xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lilli! Oh thank you, am feeling better, thank you. Yes, a good proper breakfast is so important!!! Many kisses to you too xo

      Delete
  2. Nice and useful tips dear, I love drinking lemon in water. it's really refreshing.

    Have a nice day.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear. I love lemon water too :)) Hope you have a great day, Kisses <3

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling better Kizzy! Thank you so much for posting this. Lately I've been in a slump, so I needed to read this motivational post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, thank you!! You're most welcome, I'm happy it's helped you!! <3

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm sorry to hear that you and Lily have been unwell. I hope you've both recovered and are feeling much better now. We can't underestimate the power of a good sleep to restore and refresh our bodies and minds. Morning ritual definitely help me start the day right. I'm big on lemon water and not touching my phone first thing. I also find that making my bed helps me focus and helps my mood. Have a marvelous week my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear! Yes, we've recovered, much better now. Definitely love a good sleep, it really helps the body have time to heal itself. I love lemon water first thing, really helps me a lot. Yes, I like to make the bed too :) Wish you a marvelous week ahead too :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you're feeling better now! These are amazing tips! I always feel better if I get up without a snooze even if I would love the extra 10 minutes in bed. I do have a bad habit of staring at my phone first thing though...need to work on that x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Am happy you like them :)) Yes, I used to hit the snooze button but, now I force myself to get up and feel loads better. Haha, I can grab my phone as well, it's a bad habit, but I am working on stopping it too :) x

      Delete
  6. Hope you are feeling much better Sweetie and I do have to make lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, thank you lovely!! Yes, lists are great, I need to make them myself :)

      Delete
  7. Glad you're feeling better, sorry you were sick! I agree, getting a big drink in at the start of the day and staying hydrated is really important, especially in the heat here!

    Hope that your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's ok. Yes, hydration is so important. It is, I hope your week is going well so far too :)

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful Photo, you look gorgeous.
    Great Tips, i also drink Water with Lemon to start in the Morning. :)

    lovely Greetings <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!! Yes, water with lemon is so lovely in the morning :) <3

      Delete
  9. These are great tips. I agree that reaching for phone immediately isn't a good idea. Time flies when we're scrolling on our cellphones, so it is better to leave it for later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear that both you and Lily have been unwell - take good care of yourself darling!! :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are awesome tips Kizzy, and I totally use the one about not picking up the phone right when I wake up. That can slow me down so much!!

    xo,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Kizzy, they are very good habits to start the morning well and make our day more productive, it is true that sometimes the cell phone is very distracting and we must learn to use it with control so that it does not interfere with our responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rebeca!! Am happy you like these tips, time can really get away when you sit down with your phone sometimes!! It's happened to me before, so I try not to reach for it until I am finished :) x

      Delete
  13. Thanks for share all these useful tips darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so guilty of reaching for my phone immediately. 🤦🏾‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kizzy, The phone is definitely my weakness. I reached for it to look at the time, the next thing I know I am running out of time. I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great advice, it makes a difference actually!. I don't have a snooze alarm clock (so no 'five minutes more' for me!), however I would like a sunrise alarm clock to wake up in a more natural way and have more energy to do all my morning tasks and go to work when it's still dark. And I love a good breakfast with fruits, proteins and a cup of (decaffeinated) coffee!.
    Hope that you and Lili are feeling better!
    besos

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig