Happy Wednesday my lovely flowers!! I hope the week has started off grand for you!?! Well, it has been months and months since I've had a steady perfume and I really need to do something about it! I've gotten by using friend's perfumes while out or at their house, but I'd really love one of my own now. I just can't seem to make up my mind, I find one and then I go back for a second try and it's all wrong. I'd like a few 'signature scents', something that shouts 'Me' when I put it on. So, I've put together a little list of ones that have caught my attention, some of them I've tried and other ones I need to try. I'm crazy for perfume and this not having a regular perfume nonsense must stop (sad doll face) haha! If you have any favourite scents, please let me know & I will give them a go!
~ My Picks ~
~ My Picks ~
1. Lolita Lempicka Eau De Parfum: Contains ivy, anise, violet and is accented with licorice, vanilla and vetiver. Top notes: Mahogany, Pineapple, Violet, Ivy, Star Anise, Lemon. Middle Notes: Orris, Amaryllis, Jasmine, Vetiver, Lily of the Valley, Licorice. Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Almond, Vanilla, Vetiver, Heliotrope, White Musk, Tobacco & Praline. I have never tried this, but have been recommended it quite a few times, I love the bottle & the name of the company. If you've tried this, tell me what you thought of it.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium: Oriental and spicy. Top Notes: Pink pepper, Orange Blossom, Heart Notes: Coffee & Jasmine. Base Notes: Vanilla, Patchouli & Cedar. I've tried this one at the perfume counter, I much prefer this one to the original one which is far too powdery for me, as it gives me headaches. Quite playful and had a great staying power, plus I love the glittery rock n' roll bottle. Have you tried this one?
3. Givenchy Very Irresistible: Top Note: Anise. Heart Notes: Centifolia Rose, Peony Rose, Base Notes: Passion Rose, Fantasia Rose and Emotion Rose. My oldest daughter Saffron loves this one, so if I did get this, I might as well kiss it goodbye, haha! I don't usually like the scent of roses in anything, but it was quite different to me than actual roses. Quite sensual and mysterious. I liked it a lot and apparently it has a great staying power which is needed. Any Givenchy wearers out there?
4. The Library of Fragrance Moonbeam: A unique 'Gourmand floral' which opens with vanilla and chocolate, then combines with green leaves, jasmine, lily of the valley, amber and precious woods. Captures the dual nature of the moonbeam, reflecting both the innocence of the light and the passion of the night. I've been obsessed with the Library of Fragrance for months now and I still need to get out to try them. There is a whole range of scents that smell like every day things like cut grass, baby powder, Cotton candy, play-doh (yes, that's right pay - doh) Chocolate chip cookies, Holy Water (really, I'm not making this up) and so on! I love the moon and it's mysteries, so this got my attention straight away. If you've tried this please let me know, I am definitely needing to get to a Boots store to try it or I'll just wing it and buy it for £15, it's not so much of a loss as I've bought perfumes much more expensive only to dislike them later. I feel like if I don't get to try these, I'll go crazy. The variety of these perfumes suits me completely as it's so quirky, I love it! *NOTE: The Library of Fragrance saw this post & told me that these fragrances are linear - meaning they won't change over time. Also, they have a refund policy that states if you try it and don't like it, you can send it back to them within two weeks and be refunded, so kind :)
5. Lancome La Vie est Belle: A unique fragrance combined of 63 ingredients, allowing each to be fully expressed. An undertaking so complex that it called for no fewer than 5521 versions and three years work. Top Notes: Iris & Orange Blossom. Heart Notes: Patchouli & Jasmine Sambac. Base Notes: Sweet Gourmand. I first tried this in Paris years ago and loved it but bought a different perfume instead. But, I still love the scent and now think of Paris whenever I smell it again. It's such a happy scent and I feel happy when I smell it as well.
Have a beautiful day!
Have a beautiful day!