| 5 ways to relax after a long day |



"Wisdom is knowing when to have rest, when to have activity, and how much of each of them to have" 
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

Happy Thursday my darling dolls, I hope your week has been great so far? Mine has been busy, so I'm ready for the weekend now. I'm off on Sunday to the city with my daughter Noemie for a daughter date - which we've nicknamed, 'The Middle Childs' Day Out' since we're both the middle children of two sisters!! It's be lots of fun & I'll be sure to take some snaps while I'm out to share with you here on Monday!! Today I wanted to leave you with some ways to relax after a long day, because let's face it, everyone is busy and chilling out can sometimes be non-existent. They're just really simple ways that I put together, many that I do myself to relax. I hope you try them out & let me know how you relax as well in the comments, it might really help someone else. Have a wonderful day!

Loves & Loves
xoxoxo

5 WAYS TO RELAX 

1. Listen to ambient sounds or relaxing music This is my number one thing to do whenever I need to escape. I love music & since it comes in so many varieties, you can always find something to suit your mood from fast beats, to instrumental, romantic, the possibilities are endless. My top go to's are BTS, IAMX, Bowie, PM Dawn, 30 Seconds to Mars, Prince, & Ella Fitzgerald (There are many others, but we'd be here all day).

2. Have a cup of something warm Now I don't drink coffee ever because it's an over stimulant and not going to relax you and I don't care for the taste. But, I do love tea. I drink White tea, Green Tea, Purple Rain Blue tea, & flowering teas. I recommend trying different varieties to find one that you enjoy the most, I also love a good fruit tea as well, it reminds me of visiting my Auntie as she always made me a peach cinnamon like tea and I loved it. Now that it's getting colder, it does a world of good having something warm to drink. Just be careful it's not too hot as scalds to the throat and mouth are no good. 

3. Take a warm bath I love the bath, I could stay in there all day & have fallen asleep at times while in the bath. Warm water, your favourite bath products with a relaxing scent, a rest for your head, put on some relaxing music if it suits you, candles & keep the lights low if you can or off if possible with just the candles. Slow your breathing down and just let all your thoughts drift out and let your mind become empty. Don't think of what you need to get done, just be in the moment and let your body relax. Sing along with the music if you like, I often do that and it makes me smile. I have a special bathtime playlist that I put on as well. Once you get out, wrap yourself up warm, put on your fave pyjamas and just keep relaxing.

4. Keep away from your phone, computer or other electronics Disconnect from the online world and just be in your own little world. You can meditate or write down what your thankful for, your goals or wishes. Even writing down little affirmations to yourself do a world of good. Fill your mind and spirit with positive thoughts to help combat the world when you have to step back out again.

5. Sleep Now when is the last time you had a great night's sleep? I know it's been ages for me having small ones in the house. They wake me up in the middle of the night or early morning. Sometimes work can keep you up or late getting in. School can be tough as well & take up a lot of your time. But, I promise none of that work will do any good if you can't keep awake because you're so tired. It can also lead to eventual sleep problems not getting enough sleep. I often find my sleep is messed up at the moment with my youngest waking at crazy times. But, I know once she's older, she should settle better. My husband and I take turns in going to be early, so the other can get some sleep as he has to be up really early for work and I have the school run. I get grouchy and disorientated if I haven't had enough sleep as well. I have found my milk in the cupboard and cereal in the refrigerator before, haha!! So sometimes, it's just not worth staying up so late. Also, try and keep good sleep habits, going to bed at the same time if you can help it and getting up at the same time each day as well, your body clock needs regularity & even one day of different sleep times can throw it all off. Don't keep hitting snooze as that can make you feel even more tired than just getting up and starting the day!! 

XOXOXO

{flower picture above by me, ©KizzyDoll}


16 comments

  1. thanks for sharing your wise advice!, sometimes all I want is to put on my pyjamas and sleep for a good ten hours or so! simple pleasures!!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Me too, getting the pajamas on and sleeping for a while is a great relief!! Besos.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for these useful tips and enjoy your day with your daughter!!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. A glass of rum & coke removes all the stress for me. Happy Weekend my Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Yes, that works too ;-) Happy weekend lovely x

      Delete
  4. Taking a warm bath is brilliant advice and something I haven't done in a while - showers may be quick, but baths are super relaxing!! :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must do it...I love a great bath, my place to relax and think too x

      Delete
  5. Sleeeeeep is soooo right!!!!!
    xo Beckerman GIrls
    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great tips. A good night sleep is really priceless. I love drinking tea too. Relaxing music also helps. Have a lovely and relaxing weekend dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I hope you have a lovely and relaxing weekend too. Am happy you like the tips :) x

      Delete
    2. They are really a great reminder to take it easy. I think we all sometimes forget how counterproductive overworking ourselves can be.

      Delete
  7. Properly winding down after a long day is so important to our wellbeing. I do all of these things and I especially enjoy a nice bath with some relaxing music. It just melts away my stress. And I swear by calming scents of lavender and chamomile which I stream through my oil diffuser. I really believe in the power of scent in relaxation. Have an inspired new week dear Kizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleep is very important. I love to read a book and drink some warm tea. Great post, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a fine time with your daughter. Your five tips here are a good reminder to relax, breathe and enjoy life. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig