| When beauty products aren't what you expected |


Hello dolls, whilst I was on my break, I bought a couple of beauty products from Miss Patisserie that I had been wanting to try for a long time & thought it was the perfect time to do so. I had heard a lot of good things about them (they're vegan & use high quality ingredients) & was excited to discover them on the shelves of my local TKMaxx. Well, I hesitated in posting this because I've never had to write a 'negative' review before or negative reactions to the products I try out but, I guess there's a first time for everything. Now, I'm not writing this to put you off the product or company as that's not helpful but more so to warn those that have a sensitivity to strong scents to be aware. I purchased the Watermelon Body Souffle Colourfest Bath Bomb , now I could only smell both of them vaguely through the packaging and the scent was nice, so I was excited to give them a try.
This is where the positives end for me I'm afraid. After a long rough day, I drew myself a bath and looked forward to just soaking the day away & it was the perfect time to try out these products...so I thought! As I opened the bath bomb, the scent got quite strong, I thought it was due to the packaging holding the scent in as you know that can happen with packaging - I was wrong! I put it in the bath & waited for this 'Colour Fest' to happen...but nothing! It's completely clear in the water, that was my first disappointment, my biggest one came when I actually got in and was immediately bombarded to the point of almost choking by the extreme scent of the bath bomb.  
Now, if you get migraines easily...step back from this. I'm sensitive to scents & this is usually where mine stem from & sure enough I was blown over by a massive migraine within minutes. The strong scent started to make me ill, so much so that I struggled to get up to get out of the bath tub. I ended up having to go to bed early to find relief, I didn't try the Body Souffle till weeks later. The Watermelon Souffle is packed with Vitamin E, Fatty acids and rice bran oil that penetrates the skin leaving it silky smooth while improving it's elasticity. It also has sweet almond oil with vitamins A, B & E which are fantastic for the skin health. The product itself works amazingly but, the scent again - though not intensely strong as the bath bomb was still strong enough to set my migraines off, so I had to abandon it after one use....BUT....I can say even though I was suffering with the scent, the product itself made my skin feel gorgeous and soft. So, while I didn't have the best experience with these two products from Miss Patisserie, I would be willing to try different products but, I would never buy these two again, it's just not worth it. I would just hope the scents of their other products aren't as strong, especially when the consumer isn't able to handle the products fully before purchasing as you order online or if you're lucky enough to come across any in a TKMaxx like I did. Have you tried any products from Miss Patisserie or had any products that you've reacted badly to? Let me know, have a gorgeous day dolls & Happy 1st of November!

Loves & Loves
xoxoxo



XOXO 


14 comments

  1. OMG, that's bad I mean I am very sensitive to strong scents as well!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't a fun time. It takes me a long time to pick out a perfume even because I can't take fragrances too strong x

      Delete
  2. Too strong Scents are not comfortable, i also would not enjoy the Bath.

    lovely Greetings <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pity these products disappointed! I love their brand named 'Miss Patisserie' haha :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kizzy! Oh, so sorry to read it, I know what u mean, happened also to me and soon avoided to repurchase the product, even only for the scent. I'm so sensitive too and if I dislike a fragance cant use the product, even though is amazing for skin! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilli!! It's not fun when it happens is it? It takes me a long time to find a perfume even because many are too strong for me. Kisses! xo

      Delete
  5. Wow a "Colour Fest" bath bomb with no colour? Quite unexpected and gosh I can imagine how strong the scents were to give you a migraine. Very disappointing but thank you for this honest review Kizzy, it's always super helpful to read! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like to write negative reviews either so I know where you're coming from Kizzy. But not every product will work out the way we think. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm quite sensitive to heavy scents and now I know to avoid these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not easy as I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but, I have to be honest. Sensitivity to scents is not fun!!

      Delete
  7. So sorry about your experience, Kizzy! I would have been in the bathroom sneezing and trying to dry my nose. I am so sensitive to strong scents. Thanks for this honest review, doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok my dear!! These things happen. My pleasure for the honest review :)

      Delete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig