| Postcards from the weekend |



"Sometimes you  meet a person and you just click - you're comfortable with them, like you've known them your whole life, and you don't have to pretend to be anything or anyone"



Autumn is Edinburgh has that kind of magical feeling, leaves turning every golden shade, people walking that bit slower to enjoy the sparkling sunlight cascading down on them. The smell of warm cakes being nibbled on and the sweet scent of cocoa to warm the soul. I was in Edinburgh again at the weekend, I got the chance to meet a long time blog friend (and now real life friend) Andini from Adventures of an Anglophile, she was up from London to visit Scotland for the 1st time. And we just knew we had to take the chance to meet, we had dinner and tea with lots of laughter and happiness. It's really great when you click online with someone and that continues in real life too!! I hope to meet more of my blog friends in the future, if ever you're in Scotland, be sure to say hello!! Here's little glimpses of my weekend, have a gorgeous start to the week beauties.

Loves & Loves
xoxoxox



Memorial Crosses for Remembrance Day


Scott Monument - a Victorian Gothic monument for Scottish Author Sir Walter Scott. Building completion was 1844. Andini was inside going to the top.


The view across as I walked to Andini's hotel!


Andini & I having dinner together, the place we had dinner was called Slug & Lettuce, we both had wanted to go into one to see what it was like because of the name & it was lovely inside, very posh!! Staff was very friendly & helpful, food was super delicious, great relaxing atmosphere, perfect place to eat and have a chat with friends, will definitely pop in there again.


My dinner...Thai Chicken Curry, which was so lovely!


Then we went to a tea place called Eteaket, which was a darling little place. Lovely interiors, cozy sittings, it was very chilled. The staff was very helpful in explaining the teas to us & what we might like to try. All of us got different teas -but one. Mine was the blue one which is called Purple Rain Blue Tea and it was gorgeous. It's a blend of blue butterfly pea flowers (which help fight signs of ageing, assist in memory & brain function & improve brain vitality) fragrant lemongrass with lemon peel, ginger peel and a hint of licorice. It starts off blue, but then you add a squeeze of lemon and stir as it turns purple!! So delicious!! You can see the before & after in the picture below :) I'll definitely visit here regularly whenever I'm in Edinburgh, I really loved the atmosphere & now I have a new favourite tea!! 



Happy Monday dolls
xox

23 comments

  1. It sounds like you hat a great time! I wish I visit Edinburgh very soon!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did. You definitely must come for a visit soon!!

      Delete
  2. It's always a pleasure to meet a blogging friend. Seems like you two had a lovely time! The food looks yummy...and I like the place where you went for tea as well. Beautiful photos! I hope to visit Scotland some day. Scotland is so beautiful and I heard that the people there are super friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time. I hope you visit Scotland one day too. Yes, people here are lovely!! x

      Delete
  3. Autumn is Edinburgh does indeed look magical and your weekend looks and sounds like it was marvelous. How lovely that you got to meet up with Andini. Happy new week Kizzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Edinburgh is gorgeous. Hope you have a lovely week too x

      Delete
  4. Aww, two of my favorite bloggers together! Edinburgh looks absolutely gorgeous!! and all those yummy treats. I'm getting hungry. lol...

    Regina/ Margarita Bloom Beauty & Fashion
    WEBSITE: http://www.margarita-bloom.com
    BLOG: http://www.cherrylipsblondecurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh...so sweet!! Thank you. Edinburgh is stunning. I hope you get to visit one day!! I'm always hungry, lol!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures!
    please visit: https://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks you have spent some great time there. I love these beautiful picture.
    Have a nice day day my dear.
    Love from Rakhshanda <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had the best time. Thank you. I hope you have a lovely day too, Loves <3

      Delete
  7. Kizzy, this looks like such fun! I'd love to visit some time and please we must have tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely must visit, we'll definitely have tea!! x

      Delete
  8. Aww this is wonderful!! I love meeting my blog friends too. Hope to meet you one day for sure. I've always wondered about Slug and Lettuce. -Might have to check it out here and try that curry. Looks so yummy!! Have a great week my beautiful friend.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is so much fun meeting blog friends. Definitely need to meet one day. You should totally go into Slug & Lettuce!! Have a sweet week my dear xx

      Delete
  9. How lovely you met with a blogging friend and that you hit it off immediately; that's the best :) Hope you're having a fabulous week so far!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Photos! Love the one with you and Andini. :)

    lovely Greetings <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edinburgh seems a really amazing place. Nice photos!!!
    Have a nice day and don't miss my latest post, now on my blog! Kisses from Italy and thank you for your visit,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    23 Calzature

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can only imagine how you felt when you met her. You both look so lovely. And the food looks so good! I see these fancy drinks too.
    I am glad you are real life friends now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad that you met a lovely blogger-friend and become friends also in Real Life!! it's like magic!
    And thanks for the breathtaking pictures of Edimburgh!
    besos

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig