| Tantrum Doughnuts |


"All you need is love and doughnuts in life" 

Hiya dolls! I hope you've had a wonderful week so far? I'm always inspired by the places Rowena from Rolala Loves eats at & shares on her blog, so I thought it would be a fun thing to sporadically add on the blog here too, especially when a lot of readers that are going to visit Scotland ask me about where to eat & I thought since I already share tourists places to go here, why not add food as well. To make it more fun, I'll not only include favourite places, but also places to eat that I've never been to as well, I already have a list of spots offering different types of food & I love to eat!
So whilst in Glasgow with my daughter, we took the time to try out a random place called Tantrum Doughnuts that I found on Twitter. She loves doughnuts, so I promised her I'd treat her to some when we got off the train. This location on Gordon street (You can find another location in the West End on Old Dumbarton Road) is so easy to find, if you're coming out of Glasgow central station's main door, you simply turn right & it's a little walk up the street. We got there a little while after it opened, so the streets were relatively quiet. It's a quaint little shop that you can either take away your order or dine in (for different prices), they have several different types of doughnuts to choose from (these change seasonally, as now they have Christmas themed doughnuts too) All are handmade by the staff, not by machines from scratch each morning using seasonal (Scottish) ingredients, so they're subject to availability. When a flavour runs out, then it's out for the day. 
You can also fill up on coffee, marshmallows, milkshakes and Hot Butterbeer (where my Harry Potter enthusiasts at?) My daughter and I decided to just get the dougnuts since it wasn't that long since we had eaten breakfast. It's extremely clean and easy to purchase your doughnuts, the only tough decision is which doughnut to have, haha! We decided to get a box of 4 and picked the Milk n' Cookies, Chocolate Millionaire, Buttermilk Old Fashioned & Expresso Tart (my mind goes blank for the full name) and went for a walk to look at Christmas shop windows while trying them out. 
We didn't get too far before we stopped and squealed at how good the doughnuts were & even contemplated going back for more as we had promised to bring back the other two doughnuts for my other daughters. I had the Milk n' Cookies & the sweetness mixed with the slightly saltiness from the cookies was amazing!! I could eat a whole box of those (which I probably shouldn't, but I could) My Noemie had the Buttermilk Old Fashioned, I had a little bite & to my surprise it was gorgeous too, I remembered old Fashioned doughnuts when I was a kid and they were tasteless, but this was packed with flavour & spice, the smell itself was delicious. My oldest had the Chocolate Millionaire when we got home & it was gone in 60 seconds, I never even got to try it, haha. She said it was fantastic & wants to go next time. The Expresso Tart (still can't remember full name) was delish, I had no idea what it was going to taste like, I just liked the look of it and decided to try something new. But, super lovely.
 I'm definitely happy that we went in and tried it out, it'll definitely be a tradition now whenever I'm in Glasgow to stop by and get a box, I think I'll get myself some Hot Butterbeer to accompany it as well *wink* So if you're ever in Glasgow & love doughnuts, get yourself to Tantrum Doughtnuts, it's well worth it, can't wait to try some more myself! Have a fantastic Friday & weekend my dollhearts.

Loves & Loves
xoxox

Tantrum Doughnuts / Open from 8 - 7pm Monday to Friday or until they sell out. 9:30 - 7pm on Saturday & Sunday at the City Centre location.

(photos taken by me)






XOXOXOXO



22 comments

  1. woww, they look delightful and I love that they were made by hand with local products!
    Thanks for sharing!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good, can't wait to go back :)) My pleasure!

      Delete
  2. My mouth is watering, why don't we have a similar place in italy???
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll get something like this soon, it is too good to miss!! x

      Delete
  3. These doughnuts look delicious! I love Rowena's blog! She reviews so many interesting restaurants! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were, loved them. Me too, Rowena's blog is so good. Have a great weekend too x

      Delete
  4. Oh, for the love of doughnuts!! *drool* These look soooo delicious. Lucky peeps!! I want to eat them all. hahaha!

    Regina/ Margarita Bloom Beauty & Fashion
    WEBSITE: http://www.margarita-bloom.com
    BLOG: http://www.cherrylipsblondecurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would really love them, definitely go if you come to visit Scotland :))) x

      Delete
  5. Aww thanks for the sweet shoutout Kizzy! I love that you'll be sharing food finds and places to eat in Scotland. I always enjoy seeing restaurants from around the world. Tantrum Doughnuts looks like a veritable doughnut paradise and it sounds like you and Noemie had a wonderful time there. Doughnuts did used to be kind of dull but these look anything but. Seeing them almost makes me wish I still ate sugar LOL I guess could get one, have a bite and give the rest to my husband ;p Happy weekend lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, I always love your food posts and I'm happy to share my own now. The doughnuts were so good, we had such fun. Definitely need to get yourself one!! Happy weekend to you too beauty x

      Delete
  6. Looks very Yummy my Dear. Send me a couple. . . LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely addddooooore doughnuts, they're one of my all-time guilty pleasures haha, so this post is heavenly!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! Their donuts look so delicious and worth every calorie! :O ♥


    Saw your blog and thought if you would like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll follow back asap. Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really gorgeous!!! Definitely worth it, ha!!

      Delete
  9. This looks like donuts heaven! If I ever visit Scotland, I'll stop by this place for sure. Have a lovely weekend dear!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must definitely come to visit Scotland! Have a lovely weekend too x

      Delete
  10. Looks so delicious. I would like to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious! I really want one with Hibiscus and Pistachios :)

    Happy weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is just yummy!! Oh myyyy...

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg! These look so, so yummy. You should definitely make it a tradition.
    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig