| 5 ways to survive the Holidays |


It came without ribbons, it came without tags, it came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore, Then the Grinch  thought of something he hadn't before, "What if Christmas, he thought doesn't come from a store, What if Christmas perhaps, means a bit more...The Grinch who stole Christmas.

For many of us the Christmas season is a time of merriment and cheer but for others, it can be a time of great stress and strain. Which is easy enough to have happen when we are bombarded day after day (even before December even hits in some places) of what presents to buy, parties to go to, costumes & activities children must have & attend for school, it's a non-stop circus act. So, I wanted to share 5 things I like to do at Christmas time to keep the strain at bay & to just enjoy the season. I hope they will help & feel free to share your tips in the comments too. Have a wonderful Monday dolls.

Loves & Loves
xoxo

1. Watch your favourite holiday movie - I love nothing more than to watch Christmas movies, in fact I watch my favourites all year round, they give such a great feeling. Some of my faves are The Grinch (both the Jim Carrey version & cartoon), Home Alone 1 & 2, It's a Wonderful Life, Love Actually, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Preacher's Wife, Scrooged to name some. I never get tired of these, each one brings a different feel.

2. Prioritize your health - Don't try to do everything at once, get enough sleep, try not to drink too much alcohol, keep eating healthy but, let yourself enjoy all the wonderful foods Christmas time brings. Keep active with exercise to keep the feelings of guilty feelings seasonal eating at bay. Get a good night's sleep. Don't be afraid to opt out of any parties/gatherings you do not feel like attending due to tiredness or strained relationships; your mental health is important too.

3. Go see Christmas lights or a nativity event. I never tire of the lights of Christmas, they make me so happy. The effort everyone makes in their displays is wonderful. Look out for special light events held in your city or town to attend. And have fun decorating your own home with lights, they really help lift the mood, especially when it's so dark just now. Christmas plays/Nativity events are so wonderful too (go to an event based on your own religious or non-religious beliefs, there is no written rules) I always attend my daughter's school programs & it doesn't take long before I'm teary watching all the children excited about their parts. There's always one child that screams all the words louder than everyone...I love those kids, ha! 

4. Buy yourself a gift Nothing wrong with treating yourself to a gift & I don't mean loads of things you don't need or so much that you forget others. But, something that means a lot to you or that you've really been wanting. A gift that even only you know about to enjoy on your own. It could be a book, a course you've always wanted to take, a trip, a item of clothing you've put off getting because you think you'd look bad in it when really it's your confidence you need to believe in. The love we share to others at this Christmas time is the love we ourselves need and deserve!

5. Volunteer at a homeless shelter or nursing home. As much as Christmas is about giving and love, it can also be a very materialistic & greedy season too. People lose their manners trying to get every last thing off the shelf before someone else does and can 'see red' when they get bumped into in the very slightest manner. Volunteering at a homeless shelter or nursing home is the perfect way to be reminded to be thankful for what we have & not just for what we might receive. Sometimes the greatest gift we can give is our love & time to those overlooked & forgotten. 

XOXOXOXO

11 comments

  1. lovely post and lovely advice, so wise and brilliant ideas!. I'm not a huge fan of Christmas, but I always try enjoying it. We don't give nor receive presents for many years and everybody is happier and more relaxed!. Same for spending hours cooking some expensive-exotic plates. I prefer to spend my time chatting with family and friends and having fun!
    One of the things I enjoy more is watching all those ol'good Christmas movies! thanks for sharing!
    Have a nice Christmas!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. number 1 and 4 are my favorites positions on your list - the gift for yourself is always great option :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much stressed out so I will try to follow your tips, I have already bought a gift for myself though!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Christmas junkie, I love it so much, I think I am probably one of the few people who are happy with holiday season starting earlier and earlier each year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yessss! Love your suggestion of heading outdoors to see some Christmas lights; illuminated walks are the absolute best :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great tips dear friend. I need to get into 3 and 5. I bi Netflix and chilling after work every day. Loving all these Xmas feel good movies on there. I just purchased a coat for myself for Christmas and can't wait to have it in my hands. Ha!!
    Have a blessed week. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true that the holidays can be quite stressful for some people and these are some wonderful ways to cope. Holiday movies are such a fantastic way to unwind as well as get into the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post! Nr. 4 is my favorite Idea :)

    lovely Greetings <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love and time are priceless. This is a wonderful post, Kizzy. Home Alone 1 is my ultimate favorite. I love Miracle on 34th Street too. Happy holidays doll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love is priceless.Holidays are stressful but we should enjoy them.Thanks for sharing it kizzy.
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful tips on how to survive the holiday! My birthday is actually on Christmas so I try to have a stress free holiday season. It's so important to give back and help the community during the holidays and all during the year. It's something special about the gift of giving to others! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig