| 5 Ways to spend time alone |


I think it's good for a person to spend time alone. It gives them an opportunity to discover who they are, love who they are and not be defined by another person!


As a mother of 3, I am finding alone time more and more needed. My girls are fantastic mind you but, they do have their moments like anyone does. And often I end the day with a headache or really feeling like I can barely hear myself think let alone function for doing the tasks I need to do. I know that no matter where you are in life, alone time is very much needed to get by and re-center yourself from the stresses of life. And quite often I don't get enough of that time, so I end up feel grouchy and in need of a nap (I really regret refusing naps now as a child, lol) But I've realized that I don't have to do huge things to spend time alone or to reset myself, they can be simple things like when I watch a funny movie in bed or shove my children in my husband's direction for him to entertain them for a while. So, I thought I would share some ways to spend time alone that anyone can do, no matter what stage in life they're at. I hope you take more time out & have alone time to re-energize yourself, so that you can better reach the goals you seek to accomplish or to just simply live a better life!! Here are 5 ways I like to spend time alone...what are ways you like to do this? Let me know in the comments, have a great day darlings! Hopefully this nice weather will continue & I'll get some outfit pics taken - fingers crossed :)

Loves & Loves
xoxox


5 ways to spend time alone

Go to a cafe for bite to eat - Now that my children are school age & can be left with my husband with no problem, I am finding that I really love going and sitting in a cafe to have lunch and just watch people go by. It's quite relaxing and I also tend to order things that I pass over whenever I'm with my children simply because I wouldn't enjoy it as much because anyone with children knows that when they're finished, they don't want to sit anymore, haha. I can savour it more.

Take a long bath - This is my thing!! I have a collection of bath bombs and face masks, I lock the door. My girls play a game with my husband and I relax. It's my thinking pot and I can let the stress go. The warm water really helps my muscles too as I have a habit of tensing up when I feel stressed or tired, so it does a world of good.

Go for a walk - I love just picking a direction and going, not having a destination but just wandering. I notice much more when I'm alone and the fresh air lifts my mood. Even when I go out on my own and it's raining, it still makes my mood feel peaceful. Love nature.

Listen to relaxing music and meditate - Another change that I've been doing is listening to relaxing music (with no lyrics) and meditating to clear my mind and center myself. I had a hard doing it at first because my mind constantly wandered to things that I needed to remember to finish, but eventually I got there. That time spent quiet and just listening to yourself is so beneficial. Definitely worth doing, even if it's a few minutes each day.


Go get your hair done - I never really went to the salon to have my hair cut, I just didn't have time. But, I've discovered how relaxing it is. The salon I go to gives you tea, snacks and also does a head and shoulders massage before you have your hair washed, it's heaven!! You also get to chat to your hairdresser or people around you & feel really lifted when you leave.

Benefits of spending time alone
Clears your mind, improves creativity, allows you to explore possibilities in life, you become more focused, let's you slow down, gain self-confidence, become more independent, you become more yourself, improves relationships & you become one with yourself. 


XOXOXOXO


17 comments

  1. lovely post and lovely tips!, Even if I don't feel frequently stressed, I value my time alone. Sometimes I put my mind in order, other times just enjoy being by myself doing nothing. I love going for a walk, feeling the sunshine or the rain on my face!. I love sitting in a café, reading the newspaper whilst sipping my coffee. And I love particularly my pilates clases, when I just take a deep breath and try to move in a graceful way, and I feel so peaceful and focused!
    Thanks for a lovely post!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! I love it to have Time for myself. :)

    lovely Greetings <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to a cafe for a snack is a great idea for something to do alone; and it's something I do very often while working remotely! Have a fabulous weekend!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking a long bath, it's always a good time for a good pamper xx

    GemmaEtc.com ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips my Dear. Going to a salon where they serve snacks and a massage is Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great tips dear. When I was younger, swimming was always my 'me' time. I love how when you are in the swimming pool it feels like there is nobody else around, and while you're underwater you enjoy this silence. I really need to take up swimming again. All these tips are great too. I think we all need me time, and perhaps certain types need it more than other. For example I remember how much I needed 'me' time when I was a kid, even if I was otherwise quite social, I had this rule about watching Animal Planet and writing my diary for an hour every day ...this was all back in elementary school when I was about 9 to 13 and I think that hour a day did wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That' how I escape from my Hubby...frequently!!!!
    AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Especially by getting my hair done!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more. Time spent alone is key to personal growth as well as self knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to a cafe is the best! Spending time alone is needed once in a while. Thanks for sharing the benefits with us, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love going to a cafe and watching the world go by! It's a great way to get a bit of me time without feeling too much like a recluse x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kids are older so I get quite a bit of alone time. I should try to do things like a long soak in the tub. Going for a walk sounds great but it's freezing outside. Maybe mani/pedi and massages. But for the most part I just love to sit in bed and watch Lifetime, LOL. Howdy beautiful!

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand you very well, being with my children is a time I enjoy, but I also enjoy solitude, have time for myself, go for a walk with my mother, see stores, disconnect from routine, now my children are growing and they spend More time with your friends and well I have more time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading this post Kizzy! Spending time alone can be very therapeutic and it clears your mind. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. estupenda entrada! Feliz fin de semana precios@!🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree it is important to spend some time alone, just with yourself, just for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so true. One of the things I enjoy doing alone is shopping by myself. That way, I get to visit all of my stores and discover many new things. Hope you enjoy your alone moments more.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig