| Veil of Surrealism |



Surrealism is destruction, but it only destroys what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision....Salvador Dali.

Another new week & closer to spring we get, I can feel the changes in the earth already. It's so nice to have it be that little bit lighter when I wake up and hear the birds already chirping away. This weekend however, was a wet one, so I busied myself inside and took some photos that I'm sharing today. I bought this fascinator from the mega brillianPearls & Swine before Christmas and just finally got around to getting a picture with it on. It's really fun to wear, the surreal aspect of it is what caught my eye. I love surreal art so much & Dali is my favourite of the genre (even though he created art of many genres). I appreciate what could be there and not necessarily what is there. I've been very lucky to see a great deal of Dali's work in real life and it was such a dream come true. Definitely worth seeing if you can. I really want to go to Spain & venture where he was born, created & is buried. He passed away in 1989 & I always feel lucky to have been alive at the same time, I was 10. 


To pay compliments to the one we love is the first method of caressing, a demi-audacity venturing. A compliment is something like a kiss through a veil...Victor Hugo.

This bit of fabric was actually the lining of a dress that I outgrew but, I really loved the lace part, so I cut it off and kept it. Haven't decided what I will do with it yet but it provided the perfect veil for the pictures. I love this quote because I think it's true, compliments and kind words can be like kisses through the veils or walls we create around ourselves. Sometimes it can be difficult to accept a compliment at first but, the more we hear these positive words, the more they sink in and become part of our own thinking. That's why it's so important to keep away from those who seek to tear you down with their words or try to replace the negative thinking we ourselves do too much. Use a veil to keep the negativity out but let the positivity through as a kiss! I hope you have a great start to the week my darlings.

Loves & Loves
xoxoxoxo

13 comments

  1. what a lovely picture, inspiring, evocative, surreal! and so interesting remarks on compliments, we need to learn how to receive a compliment!, we need to avoid negative people around us! wise words!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely ready for spring! It's sometimes hard to accept compliments but I agree we need them and also need to give them. Cheers to positivity! I also love the images, doll, very pretty and dramatic. x/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in these pictures Kizzy, I love veils I think that they are very feminine!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shots are so alluring my dear friend. Beautiful doll! No room for negativity and yes to positivity every day.
    Have a blessed week. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love that you managed to use part of the dress rather than just throwing it away x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, what a creative look, and what a perfect way to use this beautiful veil. You are looking so pretty.
    Hope you are doing great. Have a lovely Monday <3
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fascinator is too fabulous Kizzy! I love the subtle and artful nod to surrealism. And the way you repurposed that pice of lace is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I always love it your photos because always are amazing
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your thought about keeping negative thoughts away with a veil, hehe!!! That is a good one, I personally have an invisible shield like Wonder Woman to keep those Negative Nellys away. :)) By the way, I admire Dally's work so much. It is mesmerizing. I actually studied Art History and was completely taken by his paintings. Love your pic babe!!

    xoxo,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous in these photos Kizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do agree. Compliments are a lovely way to let others know how we feel about them. There is a quote by Isabel Allende that I adore: For women, words are aphrodisiacs. I think it's very true. Everyone loves to hear a kind word or a compliment from someone we appreciate, and it is a way to show others we appreciate them too. They say love can't be expressed with words and while it can't be expressed fully that way, we can still show our love with words....and it is important to take time to really talk, give our friends and/or partners undivided attention when they need it.

    You look beautiful in these images. I love the lace veil you created yourself. I'm a big fan of Salvador Dali as well. I went to his museum when I was in Spain many years ago and I was blown away by it. I also went to see an exhibition of his works/illustrations for Divine Comedy when it was 'visiting' in Split city. Dali was truly one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. woa! So inspiring! so creative so surreal! You made me feel as if I have seen some dream or been to theater

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog and Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig