| Autumn Self-Care Tips |



Autumn is a second spring when every leave is a flower....Albert Camus.

Happy Monday & welcome to Autumn, it officially started yesterday and I love this season. Although, when there are too many rainy days it drives me a little crazy as I get migraines but, I still love it. So since many of us will still slightly be in the last throws of summer, it was a great time to be prepared for the autumn season creeping in. These are just some of my tips that I do to have a great Autumn time....


Autumn Self Care Tips

1. Dig out your autumn clothes - aka. fluffy jumpers (sweaters) - I love sweaters & cardigans and all that. It's so fun wearing layers to keep warm. Especially if you have really soft ones, I like to wear mine a little bit bigger than I am so I can curl up in it with a book or tie it around me if it feels too warm for the day. Nothing better than putting one on after coming in from the rain or just a particularly chilly day.

2. Break out the candles - Because it starts to slowly get darker quicker in the autumn, I always bring out more candles (or good lighting) to replace the loss of light quicker in the evenings. There are tons to choose from, I love the spicier ones around this time as well, it just gives off such a warm happy feeling. My fave place for candles is Flamingo Candles, they make the perfect ones for every season, 100% natural. They ship worldwide.

3. Decorate pumpkins - like no Autumn season is complete without getting some pumpkins, haha. Ever since I was little we've always gone and gotten pumpkins and decorated them while also getting an extra one to use to make pumpkin pie and cook the seeds as well. I love when the house smells of the spices. If you can't get good pumpkins or pumpkins at all, sweet potatoes are a good alternative to making a pie with as you use pretty much the same spices. I can't wait to make mine :)))) 

4. Go to a Farmer's market or early Christmas market - I love a great market, haha. Perusing all the seasonal treats and getting to taste them along the way too. The intoxicating aromas of all the stalls are a perfect way to spend the day. I love all the roasted chestnuts, caramel/candy apples, apple cider and other treats lulling you in to spend all your money on, haha. I can't wait!

5. Go on a walk in nature - the perfect time when all the leaves are changing wonderful colours from golds to reds and oranges, I love nothing more than to head to the forest when this season comes in to see how the colours explode. The earthy scents always feel inviting, making a little camp fire (safely) and roasting marshmallows or other treats. Perfect way to relax, I also love sitting by the water at the beach too.

6. Take a warm bath or have a warm drink - I also start stocking up on all my self care items, like bath bombs, lotions, masks and anything else needed as it gets pretty windy here which can lead to my skin drying out, also the feeling of being cold is not my favourite. Also, having a warm drink does a lot of good when it's cold. I like to have a berry tea or something spicy when it's chilly.

7. Slow down - As we get closer and closer to the end of the year, it's the perfect time to slow down and maybe not take on so many activities. Keep active but not overdo it, take more time to rest and relax. Meditate and reflect on each day. Spend time with family and friends for dinners or just evenings. 

8. Jump in the leaves - haha....this was always my favourite thing to do during the autumn besides roast marshmallows. Nothing felt better than raking all the leaves in a pile as big as I could get (I would even rake the leaves of neighbours just so I could make a bigger pile) and then running and jumping into them and tossing them in the air to watch them swirl down. I don't care how old I am, I still love doing this as long as the leaves are clean, haha!

9. Start new goals or read a new book - I actually need to sit down and think of any goals I might want to accomplish during the autumn, I've been doing well at completing my goals, so I'd like to keep making them. Also, I need some new books, I love reading on rainy days. 

10. Try a new recipe - Because it tends to rain quite a bit here during this season, it gives me plenty of days to be inside and try new recipes. It helps keep my mind off the rain and I have a lot of fun looking up recipes on Pinterest and giving them a try. Soups, pies, roasts, anything warm and cosy is exactly what I crave when it begins to get colder - I also need to keep up my exercises because my eating habits kick it up a notch in the cooler seasons. 

What are you looking forward to this Autumn season or things you like to do at this time to make it more fun? Let me know...Happy September, have a great week ahead. I'll be back on Thursday as it's my birthday - wooo!!!

Loves & Loves
xoxox

16 comments

  1. Lovely tips to follow
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/09/tulip-bistro-in-abuja-nigeria.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely ideas for getting into mood for autumn. Trying a new dish is a great idea. I'm looking forward to cooking more this autumn and baking more cakes. Reading books wrapped up in a coty blanket seems dreamy too. Here it is going to be warm for weeks to come but I'm already looking forward to autumn joys. I love autumn decor and making things from dried flowers or leaves, this year I would like to make some DIY autumn inspired arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of starting new goals with each new season. I need to think about what I want to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i love it the candles darling
    thanks for share all these tips
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good ideas to get the most out of the fall, I think that each season has a special charm and activities that we can take advantage of that in another season we could not, I rather prepare for the arrival of spring and I'm already taking lighter clothes. Kisses doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll start reading a new book for sure as I am really a bad cook :-)
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Autumn are Cardigans and Candles, hot Tea and new Decoration at Home. Great Post!

    lovely Greetings <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaay! Love your enthusiasm towards Autumn here! Funnily enough, I picked up some Autumnal spiced apple and cinnamon candles yesterday to enjoy burning this month! :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love autumn so much, I can't wait for the seasons to change so I can dig out all of my warmer clothes and get cosy with a hot chocolate! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great self care tips for Autumn! I love burning candles and taking a relaxing bath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. While we are heading into spring in Australia I still think these are great tips! And scented candles are the best, I have one lit at the moment! :)

    Hope that your week is going well :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Autumn, I'm thinking of the hot tea, cardigan, coat, candles and the new fresh decoration at home. Love this post.
    Have a pleasant day.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. love these tips, its just i bit sad since I have never witnessed any autumn season in where I live. For me autumn is a time where you can start preparing for Christmas and cold weather.

    Capturing Life Memoirs | Aimee Bustillo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tips! Reading on rainy days, since it will be Summer here for a few more months. Enjoy the Season my Dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing quite like scented candles and the crunch and color of foliage during the fall right?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig