| Epiphany |


It's so odd, I loved you so much for sure. I adapted myself entirely to you, I wanted to live for you. But as I kept doing so, I became unable to bear the storm inside my heart. I got to fully reveal my true self under the smiling mask. I'm the one I should love in this world. The shining me, the precious soul of mine. I realize only now, so I love me.  Though I'm not perfect, I'm so beautiful.

I see heart shapes everywhere I go, in the clouds, the ground, everywhere. It's like the universe is determined to remind me that I am constantly surrounded by love, I just need to keep my eyes open. Just like anyone, life has not always been kind to me, I have lived through abuse - physical, mental and sexual. At times these instances have kept me from fully reaching out in the world due to fear but, I know that love either from my family & beliefs has kept me pushing on. The abuse caused me to hate myself and not fully be able to accept love from people, which only manifested problems of self harm and anxiety. These past years have been a whole rebuilding of myself, which included lots of tears, anger and letting go of fear. Because of what other people did to me, I got it into my head that I wasn't worthy to be loved by myself or others. I kind of floated through life without facing up to the traumas I was carrying around. But, I learned that I had to because it was slowly destroying me. The smile on the outside was only covering up all the pain I held inside. In order to fully heal and become brand new, you have to begin again.

Even if you get disturbed and feel afraid, walk forward. Meet your true self that you hid inside the storm. Why did I want to hide my precious self. What made me so afraid to hide my true self. I'm the one I should love in this world, The shining me, the precious soul of mine. I realize only now, so I love me. Though I'm not perfect, I'm so beautiful. I'm the one I should love in this world. 

Facing yourself and how you're treating yourself can be one of the hardest things in the world to do & I don't think it's a one time thing, but a continual one throughout life. But for this post it's my own way of celebrating me and my body. Living through abuse, I began to see myself as not the owner of myself - I hope that makes sense!?! And over the years I have worked to take back my own power and ownership. When I look at these pictures, I am able to see - Me! I don't see abuse or someone that is wrong or undeserving of good things. Going through abuse has always given me a disconnected view of my body & self, like it's me but not me, I've had no connection to it and now I feel that I have been able to make my way back to me. I think as well having children had in some way pushed me to confront myself, seeing as you carrying your own children and give birth to them. I know now that I love myself, I am me & the only me in this world and that is something worth more than all the riches one could have. No one will ever make me lose myself again, I am stronger because I built myself back up with grace. I've been so much happier & felt less anxiety about life. I have become my own hero of the story that is my life, sometimes we have to save ourselves, we've been blessed with the tools to do so, we just need to unlock them. If your sitting in this world and still struggling to love yourself because of what someone else has done to you or maybe just because - face yourself. Go and talk to people out there, you're not alone. Hard times will still be there but, with helping hands, hardships are halved. You deserve love & happy days no matter what has been done or said to you from others or that voice in your head, I believe in you, you are strong, there is light at the end of your darkness. And if you need a hand to hold, I'm reaching out both of mine to take!

Perhaps I'm a bit dull and imperfect, perhaps people might not see my shy sparkle. But, I'm me just as I am, my arms, legs, heart, and soul that I have lived with until now. I want to love in this world the shining me, the precious soul of mine. I realise only now, so I love me. Though I'm not perfect, I'm so beautiful. I'm the one I should love, I'm the one I should love, I'm the one I should love...all lyrics above & here from Epiphany by BTS one of my favourite songs <3



{Dainty Boudoir: Heart Mesh Bodysuit - Nasty Gal ; Ruffle Collar (old) Asos ; Bed Cap - Vintage ; Corset Belt - Ebay}


I don't usually censor myself but, in this instant I put hearts over my cleavage just out of respect for those that may not be comfortable with a nude body. Though for me, nudity is natural, it's how we arrived in this world & I think women in particular are censored too much as it is, especially in the case of our breasts. Not saying I'll censor myself in the future, but I was just playing around and thought the hearts were cute, haha! Have a beautiful start to the week doll hearts.

Loves & loves

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

15 comments

  1. Rebuilding yourself is always a difficult thing to do but I'm glad that you're currently doing well. All of these photographs are gorgeous and you look stunning.

    Have a great week :)
    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine the horrors you lived through. I am glad I know the person you have become today and that you had such support in your life to reclaim yourself. The BTS song sounds beautiful. I just hope all of us can do more to report instances of abuse and help the victims

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful Kizzy. Rebuilding yourself can be difficult, but it's always worth it. Wishing you a wonderful new week my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you said about becoming your own hero and realizing that you need to love yourself. I think it is something we need to do over and over again so we can evolve. We need to love ourselves because if we don't know how to love ourselves, how can we except others to love us? A healthy relationship with ourselves is important because it is the basis of every relationship. I think we all deal with insecurities but various traumas can make dealing with insecurities and self-doubt much harder. Sometimes getting over trauma can take quite some time, but sooner or later, we need to confront them. I imagine that abuse is particularly hard to deal with but as you prove- with love we can conquer anything and we can all be our own hero.
    You look absolutely beautiful Kizzy....love this heart shaped bodysuit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As as survivor of abuse, it's very courageous of you to open up about your struggles as you story can help someone else. I'm glad to see that the terrible experience has not only strengthened you but that it's hasn't closed you off to love and seeing it in all places. You're an inspiration Kizzy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that this ended with so much positivity and empowerment. I'm glad you're seeing yourself in those photos, they look incredible! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful and great Post! I love it how see yourself .. you look adorable <3

    lovely Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful and with what you have been through you are so strong!

    I had to scroll back up to see what you meant about censoring - thought it was part of the bodysuit when i first looked at it! You are as always beautiful in pink :)

    Hope that your week is going well :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebuilding yourself can be tough, but it's always worth it.I really can't imagine the fear you lived through. I admire that this ended with so much strength, positivism and empowerment. You are a strong person and I'm proud of you Kizzy. You are looking soooo pretty, confident and full of positive energy.

    Have a wonderful day.
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you came out of this on the end stronger and healed. I know it is not easy. I to have lived this but sadly via my family. And yes for people of abuse loving yourself is very difficult, it is like it just does not come naturally and in particular if the abuse was in childhood. And you do indeed sparkle! Love the photos and modesty though yes nudity is quite natural.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely, I really appreciate your comments x

      Delete
  11. I adore the self-love in your words, and will absolutely be taking them with me throughout the rest of this week! You look fabulous in this colourful outfit, by the way - your eyes!! Wow!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Abuse of any kind is wrong. I suffered from physical abuse by my dad, and that changed a big part of who I was meant to be. I love everything about this post and your pictures. Much love babe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the beautiful and wise words! You indeed are beautiful and only ever deserved good things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything about this post and your wise words!, saving ourselves and taking care of ourselves is something so Beautiful!
    And you are gorgeous, love all the cute hearts!
    besos

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig