| Postcards from the weekend |


Happiness is....not having to set the alarm for the next day....weekends!

I love a good lie in and just to sleep the day away but, this past weekend, I got myself up and went into the city with my mother in law for lunch at The Willow Tearooms and a bit of shopping. It was a belated birthday lunch for my mother in law Fiona since she was unwell around her birthday time. We had great fun, got a bit of early Christmas shopping done and the lunch we had at The Willow Tearooms was gorgeous. I'll have a post about this place in the New Year as I didn't really want to be in 'blogger mode' instead just enjoy the time but, you can see a picture of me inside that my mother in law took, it's a bit blurry as the lighting is low but, I like it anyways. And some little trinkets you can buy inside and some of the deco of the place, it's in the style of Charles Rennie Macintosh, a popular Glasgow artist during the symbolism, Arts & Crafts Movement & Art Nouveau periods of art. I avoided sharing pictures of too many Christmas things as I'll share all of that once we're into December. The above photo was me just playing around in my bedroom as the weather was so wet and grey that I couldn't go outside, so I decided to pretend it was spring inside. The light during the day dwindles more and more. 
The picture below is from the inside of House of Frasers a huge department store full of designer brands, I like going in there to see the decorations at this time & also pretend I can afford any of the items in there, ha. But, the brand displays are always gorgeous. For the rest of Sunday, I just relaxed with my family, had a roast dinner, watched feel good movies (like The Knight before Christmas on Netflix which was actually better than expected, ha). What did you get up to this weekend...let me know in the comments, have a great week ahead.

Loves & Loves
xoxox








Train station Christmas tree!! 


With Love from The Dainty Dolls House!!

21 comments

  1. It looks like you had a great weekend Kizzy! And The Xmas decorations are already out there!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed. Yes, will see more decorations next weekend :) x

      Delete
  2. You are looking so fresh and beautiful Kizzy.
    Have a great Monday.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Hope you have a great Monday too :) Kisses <3

      Delete
  3. Looks and sounds like quite the marvelous weekend! A little outdoor fun mixed with some cozy indoor activities is the perfect weekend mix. Have a lovely week Kizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics. Sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a wonderful weekend Kizzy! You look gorgeous in your photos! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful photos in this blog post! I adore all of the Christmas lights appearing everywhere now at this time of year :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tearooms sound lovely, it sounds like a really nice weekend overall. My House of Fraser used to look incredible but a lot of it has been stripped out now and there aren't many counters left. Such a shame x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think alot of places are getting stripped away really! x

      Delete
  8. It seems you have a lovely time with your mother in law. So great you already got some early Christmas shopping some. I love what you wore, your make up looks lovely and the photo she snapped is adorable, you look very happy. The photo from your room is wonderful too. Beautiful earrings and pearl necklace. I also like the yellow top.
    My weekend was alright. I was alone most of the time but sometimes that isn't bad either, I got some reading done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, it was great. Thank you so much. Am happy you had a wonderful weekend too :)

      Delete
  9. Your outfit is so pretty and spring like with the pastels! It looks so beautifully decorated in the store for Christmas too, how magical! :)

    Hope that your week is going well :) I had a Christmas night out with friends last night, it was a lot of fun!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Photos, looks like a wonderful Weekend. You look adorable, i love your Style.

    lovely Greetings <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that you spent some quality time with your mother in law to celebrate. The Christmas decor looks fabulous and it's always nice to have little indulgences and treats.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig