| 7 ways to show up for you |


If we want to fully experience love and belonging, we must believe that we are worthy of love and belonging. Brene Brown.


Happy Monday dolls, it was a very wet weekend here, so I was stuck inside. On a positive note though, it pushed me into getting somethings done that I had been putting off, so I actually didn't mind the rain at all in the end. Although, I do hope it won't last long because some fresh air outside would be great too. During this quarantine, I realised that a lot of the times I am too busy for myself and I often neglect myself to get other things done, so I prepared this post with the mindset of trying to change that, so that I can feel more accomplished (even if it's a small thing I do) instead of tired and overworked trying to get everything done. Because if we don't show up for ourselves...who else will!?! I hope these might help you in any way & wish you a great week ahead.

Loves & Loves
xoxox

7 ways to show up for yourself

1. Commit to habits, routines and rituals that are good for your well being, even if you don't want to.

2. Practise listening to your needs and discovering different ways of meeting those needs. 

3. Practise self forgiveness; for not being perfect, for forgetting, for your past, for what you don't know, and for getting 'off track' sometimes. 

4. Take care of your basic needs, stay hydrated, get enough sleep, move your body, and eat plentifully. Give yourself permission to rest, take breaks and to have down time. 

5. Spend quality time with yourself, reading, writing, creating and getting to know who you are aside from who you think you should be.

6. Have curiosity and compassion with yourself as often as possible.

7. Remind yourself that you are worthy of being shown up for as anyone else in life. Make yourself a priority.

With Love from The Dainty Dolls House<3

11 comments

  1. These are all great reminders, it's important to look after the basics. It's so easy to let life get in the way and forget some of these things. Having a routine and making sure to set some time aside for yourself is so important for your mental well-being x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tips for having a better relationship with ourselves. We need to take care of ourselves in order to care for others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of these, doll! I cannot emphasise enough to everyone how important sleep is as well as adding hydration to this list. We need proper rest, it alleviates so much uncessasary stress and prevents potential skin issues. Happy new week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are must-dos Sis. . . Enjoy July my Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this especially us having curiosity and passion for ourselves as we are ever evolving being and self discovery is a lifetime journey.
    At the end of the day, we are our own best friends.
    What a great post!
    xxx

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally beautiful tips. I'm agree with your opinion on taking more time to do self care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really helpful and much needed content!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are good reminders - I think we have all learned how important it is to take time for ourselves, so we can be more present with and helpful for others. I have enjoyed the downtime the virus brought us although it has certainly brought some challenges too!

    Hope you are having a lovely week! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for these reminders. I'm typically pretty good at remembering them, but I do need a refresher every now and then (especially with #4).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for posting these tips Kizzy! Lately I've been suffering from insomnia, so I need to get better sleep habits. Wishing you a wonderful July!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig