| Be your own Dream Girl |


"WHEN I STARTED SHOWING UP AS THE WOMAN I WANTED TO BE, THE WORLD BEGAN RESPONDING TO ME; SHOWING ME ALL THE DIFFERENT WAYS I NEEDED TO KEEP MOVING, AND HEALING, AND GROWING, AND STRETCHING BEYOND MYSELF, BEYOND ANYTHING I HAVE EVER REACHED BEFORE. WHEN I STARTED SHOWING UP AS THE WOMAN I WANTED TO BE, THE WORLD LED ME TO A PLACE WHERE I COULD FINALLY SAY: "I AM HER".  Reaching The Sun by April Green.


Happy New Year!!! My first post of 2023 and a bit of a return to my blog as well. I'm really excited to share this fantastic project with you. The beautiful people at Eaton House Studio have collaborated with the fab Top Girl Studio to bring you - "Gorgeous Gorgeous Girls Prioritise Their Mental Health"!!! 

It's a pleasure and honour to have been asked to have a look at this project because, unbeknownst to them, taking better care of my mental health was one of the aspects of my life that I've been working on with my self care. I was sent a beautiful box of goodies and what this project is all about, a collaborative effort that is also very dear to the creator of this projects heart. I received a really cool and captivating activity book, with eye popping Y2K inspired 'feel good' graphics by the incredibly talented graphic designers and fellow mental health advocates Top Girl Studio. I think these booklets look fresh, catching and fun. 

The creators at Eaton House Studio believe in creating what you wish existed & feel there's a great need in having more empowering tools available for girls and young women to use in helping to build themselves up, grow positive self talk, so that it's not just something you do but, a part of who you are. So that you can essentially "Be Your own Dream Girl" 👑



I was sent four activity packs, with 3 growing girls of different ages as well as myself, I know first-hand how it is to get by in the world as a girl. I didn't grow up instilled with a positive influence but, often continuously made to feel guilty for who I was and that guilt carried for a long time, so creating a healthier, stronger and happier mindset in my girls has always been one of my top priorities as a mum. 

My girls are 19, 11 and 6 years of age and all three of them really enjoyed this activity book and we're able to navigate it on their own or with me nearby. I gave them time to go through it on their own and then discuss the activities together after. I, myself personally found this to be one of the freshest self care activity booklets I've seen so far, nothing over complicated or "preachy" and unrealistic. After spending time with the booklet, I actually felt like I had spent time with a friend or that happy feeling you get when a friend writes you a wonderful letter. That's what going through the activities felt like, being reached out to by a friend. 

The language wording is very friend like, not these big words that after a while make you feel inadequate but, real talk that gives comfort and care. I would honestly give these to everyone I know, I really appreciated all the details and care put into every page!! I personally didn't know what to expect with the booklet, I tend to read a lot of 'self help' type of books and I know that there are masses of people in social media that have set themselves up as some kind of 'self help guru' but, they just feel tacky and somewhat fake to me or inclusive to only certain types of people. This was fun and easily accessible to everyone. 


Below are what my girls had to say about the booklets as well: 

Saffron: 19 years old. I liked the activities and pages where you can write your lists. Daily reminders - like not to give up because of a bad day. Love that you can colour in it. More realistic in it's approach, simple things that can make more of a big/real difference. Emphasis on mental health instead of just physical self care. Enjoyed it a lot. 


Noémie: 11 years old. My favourite was the activities and the messages were good and not cheesy or unrealistic. Stuff my friends would like. Thought the graphics and design of the booklet were cool and interesting. Thought the stickers were cute, something you could put on your phone, the daily reminders could be taken with you if you needed them throughout the day. The style and approach fits a wide range of people. Something I would have noticed and picked up in the store or bookshop. 

Lily: 6 years old. It's really good, I enjoyed the "butterfly page" and the writing pages, where you can write down your thoughts or goals. The stickers and being able to colour in the pages. Saying the positive words/affirmations made me feel happy. I liked getting the pack with the purple pencil because it's my favourite colour, hehe. I even took it to school to look at during break time. 


So, there is what the girls felt about these booklets, as you can see, they really enjoyed them. Even if you don't have girls like I do, this could easily be chatted over with friends or just on your own. We often push physical care to the top of the list of importance but, sometimes physical health fails because our mental health prevents us from taking care of ourselves. So, we definitely need to do more to make mental health a priority and take better care of ourselves. If you're feeling alone or in need of help, this blog or any of my social media pages are here for your to reach out to, I'll be here! These packs are available to all now at EATON HOUSE STUDIO 




~ This is part of the statement from Eaton House Studio about this booklet and I thought it was really important and wanted to include it in my post ~


💗 We tend to look outside of ourselves for the answers, the happiness, the validation and approval. The rise of social media has not helped this backwards way of thinking. Looking within is the answer…always.*


This book was designed and produced with girls and women of all ages in mind. It’s never too early or too late to love and believe in yourself more. As someone who has overcome huge obstacles with mental health and anxiety issues I always do my best to encourage others to do the same. Our activity book is filled with mindful colouring in pages, positive affirmations, and much more. What better way to encourage others than to make these powerful tools more fun, engaging and accessible to everyone- especially the next generation. 🧬

Mindful colouring is a clinically proven and effective way to calm emotions and provide reflective time for psychological and emotional well-being. Positive thinking is considered a life skill and using daily affirmations, such as the ones included in our book will assist in the battle to overcome negative thoughts. For a limited time only the book will be sent out in an exclusive launch pack with lots of extra goodies. Available now at EATON HOUSE STUDIO ðŸ’—


*if you are in the UK and struggling with mental health issues and need immediate assistance www.mind.org.uk can help. 🫶


~ WITH LOVE FROM THE DAINTY DOLLS HOUSE ~

2 comments

  1. Lovely Kizzy! I was so excited to see that you had dropped by. Thank you for the sweet comments. I'm so glad you're back and blogging again. Have missed your dreamy posts. This book which provides mindful activities sounds like it's been quite meaningful and inspiring to your girls. Such beauties just like their mama <3 Mental health is every bit as important as physical health and it can be such a struggle especially for women of all ages especially in this age of social media so it's good to have something that reminds us we are good enough and encourages positive thoughts. This book would make a very thoughtful gift. Hope you and your family have been well. Wishing you all the very best in 2023!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that mental health is so important. This seems like a great book. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig