Maple & Brown Sugar Scones



"Baking is done out of love, to share with family and friends, to see them smile" Anna Olsen. 



Hello lovelies, I hope you are having a great weekend. I just wanted to post up a recipe that I made recently for scones, I hadn't made them with some kind of flavour before but, wanted to give these a try. Since my husband is gluten free, I made these with gluten free flour but, you don't have to do that, just use regular All purpose flour. The topping is a glaze but, it can easily be thickened if you prefer it that way too. I might try it thicker next time as it was so good. I don't really like food blogs that talk so much before you even get to the recipe, so I will keep this intro short. These are perfect for winter days with a lovely cup of tea or coffee, I found them gone before they really had a chance, ha. I'll definitely be making more of them. But, I have lots of food recipes to share on here that I've been busy making or ones that I want to try out & I'll share them here soon. But, for now enjoy these and if you make them, please let me know or feel free to tag me on Instagram or wherever you may share them.


Happy weekend & eating!!

Loves & Loves

xoxoxoxoxo


~  Maple & Brown Sugar Scones ~

Ingredients

2 eggs

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour as we used)

3 tsp. baking powder

1 pinch salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 cup cold butter


~ Maple Glaze ~

2 Tbsp. maple syrup

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/2 tbsp.


Instructions

Preheat your oven to 190 Celsius (375F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


In a small bowl whisk and beat eggs, cream, brown sugar and vanilla until combined. Set aside.


In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until you have a crumb mixture.


Make a large well in the centre of the crumb mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Mix just until combined. Do not over mix!


Turn dough unto lightly floured surface. Gently knead 2 -3 times and form into an 8" disc.


Slice into 8-10 pieces and place on your baking sheet. Be sure to leave space between each scone. Bake for 14-16 minutes.


While your scones are cooling mix up the maple glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and if glaze is too thick mix in cream. Mix until combined and spoon over cooled scones.


Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea or something warm!




With Love from The Dainty Dolls House <3

3 comments

  1. These look absolutely scrumptious! I do love scones and tea. Unfortunately due to health issues I can't really have them anymore so I'll just have to ogle your photos on my screen LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I need to make some. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know I have never made scones? I would love to try making them some day. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Have a lovely day dear Kezzie!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig