| 5 Ways to challenge yourself everyday |


"A comfort zone is a beautiful place, true, but nothing ever grows there. Real life begins at the end of your comfort zone" 

Hello lovelies, happy Monday! Winter is really making it's way in more and more each day, so I thought it was a perfect time to list some ways to challenge ourselves each day. These are really simple, but ones that I realized that I used to do but haven't done in such a long time. So, I'm going to make more of an effort to add a few into my day bit by bit. Because sometimes we get into such a routine that we end up on auto pilot without even pushing ourselves to break out of it. And for some, that can leave one feeling lethargic or bored. So, here we go!

1. Do a crossword puzzle I used to do these every day & I found my vocabulary improve & my thinking quicken. I could have the answer in no time. Since, I haven't done one in years, I would be so slow, haha. Simple things like this in a sense are like exercises for the brain. But, for it to work, you should do a crossword that is in a difficulty range above what your used to & set a timer, so you have something to beat.

2. Take the stairs We've gotten so used to getting in elevators/lifts that we use them without even hesitating now. Using the stairs is a great way to get the heart pumping and add a bit of exercise into your day if you struggle for time. Not only will you help build your stamina, the endorphins released when you add a bit of exercise to your day can for some, help you feel better and think clearer. Also, you might sleep better at night as well. Now, obviously not everyone can take the stairs due to mobility or other health issues and you should always consult a doctor just in case. It's not worth causing injury. 

3. Take a picture every day I love photography, it's what I did before I started blogging actually. And I still go out with the camera and take pictures of random things. It helps you see the world in a different way. You start to notice things around you that you might have missed before while trying to get to work or otherwise. I love to take pictures of people, animals, architecture, anything that strikes me. My kids are used to me stopping suddenly to whip out my camera to capture something, they just keep walking & look at what I snapped later, haha! I think sometimes we don't take enough time to notice the little and big things around us. The world gives us so much & winter is a great time to get snapping!

4. Don't complain This might be the most difficult thing ever to do for some of us, but I think we complain too much and don't appreciate enough. We find it easier to criticize than to build up, we find fault in everything, including ourselves. We complain about not having something & complain even after we've gotten it. Let your gratitude be greater than your complaints. Otherwise you might end up complaining about losing the great things you once had. Give kind words, solutions when things go wrong instead of complaining about them going wrong. It might open up a whole new part of you that you didn't know was there. 

5. Put the phone down Good grief, we live on our phones. Some people can't even pay attention to the person talking to them because their on the phone texting or instagramming. We've become so addicted to electronics, we've forgotten how to communicate to each other. We don't notice life going on around us because our heads are down. Social media will be there when you get back, but life moments won't. It's one thing you can't get back once it's gone. Cherish each moment that comes, make the memory in your heart & mind. It doesn't always have to be shared on social media. Relish in the moment, it's so important.

Have a wonderful day
Loves & loves
xoxoxo





18 comments

  1. Morning Kizzy! I do agree with your list, I started to take stairs long time ago since I kinda hate elevators and stairs make me feel more active. I love going out and take photos too, is always a big source of inspo. Hope u too have a wonderful week ahead dear, kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lilli! Thank you, it is great to take pictures, I always get so inspired by things I see. I hope your week has been going well, kisses xo

      Delete
  2. I have Sudoku and crossword puzzles on my phone. I do them all the time when waiting for things. I like the idea of taking a photo every day -- something of scenery or animals or lifestyle. That's a good one.

    www.ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it, taking pictures every day is so great x

      Delete
  3. I love this Kizzy! Yes to more appreciating and less complaining. We would all do better with more gratitude. I try to put down my phone as much as possible and it makes such a difference to how much more I can be in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am happy you like it. I get so run down with people complaining, it's so refreshing to see gratefulness. And time away from the phone is a blessing!!

      Delete
  4. Yes, we do complain too darn much. I tell my Mom this often. We take too much for granted and therefore we are not as Thankful as we should be. I Thank God for my Life! Enjoy every minute my Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being thankful is everything. We have so much & we should be giving back as well!! x

      Delete
  5. Great! Especially i love Point 4 and 5 ♡

    lovely Greertings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lately my days are a challenge, the day to day at the end of the year sometimes I get a little heavy with the responsibilities of the school, happily the vacation time is very close and that will give me a break to accumulate the energy needed to Start the year with force, I agree with you we must change our routine so as not to fall into lethargy, to challenge us gives us a new meaning to our life and it is interesting to be always engaged in new projects, everything in balance is good. Thanks for sharing your tips with us dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I understand you completely. Sometimes the school routine and work just weigh us down. If we can change even just small things, it really can make a difference!! You're welcome lovely x

      Delete
  7. I quote you word by word Kizzy, I tend to do all the things you have mentioned but the hardest one for me is to put the phone down!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being a blogger makes it even harder to put the phone down really, haha!! I can have my moments of being on my phone too much, I must stop!! x

      Delete
  8. This is such a sweet idea for a blog post! Love your suggestion of not complaining; will definitely keep in mind babe :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this reminder Kizzy! I admit I am always on my phone and am trying to be more mindful around the kids. I do appreciate that I take pictures as often as possible though and it makes me smile to think about all the details I can capture. I need to complain less as well because some things are just not worth it right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome my dear!! Complaining really doesn't get us anywhere as a lot of the time it's for nothing good really x

      Delete
  10. These are such good tips! When I feel need to complain, I refocus my attention on being grateful. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig