| Blueberry Breakfast Cake |


I followed my heart and it led me to the fridge.....

Hiya, I hope the week is going well for you so far?? With all the wild winds and rain we've had here, staying inside with a nice cup of tea and cake is the constant solution to my days. I found this recipe on Instagram a few weeks ago whilst browsing and have since made it twice. I don't often eat blueberries but, since I've been trying to eat healthier, I've been snacking on them more often. I quite like the bitter ones, so this recipe is perfect. The website I found it on through Insta is at the bottom of the recipe, just in case you might want to have a browse. It's a healthy cake, so feel free to eat lots, ha!! I've given the recipe in it's original form but, I substituted the flour for gluten free flour my husband who is gluten intolerant. Anyone vegan and otherwise can certainly make substitutions as well. This has barely made it 2 days in my house, haha. Instead of a breakfast cake, it's been an 'All day' cake *wink* I'm going to try it using other fruits like strawberries when they come into season and see how it goes. Do you like blueberries?? Let me know what you think in the comments, I think I'll share other recipes here and there when I can!! Have a brilliant day.

Loves & Loves
xoxox


Healthy Yoghurt Oat Blueberry Breakfast Cake

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour (we used Gluten free flour)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Greek yoghurt 
1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 cups blueberries

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper, set aside. First, in a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients:oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and set aside. Next, in a medium bowl whisk together Greek yoghurt, milk, eggs, vanilla, honey, and melted coconut oil. Then add liquid ingredients and stir until just combined (don't overmix).
Finally, gently fold in blueberries and pour batter in prepared pan, smooth the top and bake 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes in the pan and then transfer on a rack and cool completely.

Recipe from: omgchocolatedesserts.com


With Love from The Dainty Dolls House<3

19 comments

  1. Really lovely récipe, I'm going to give it a try for sure!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks scrumptious! I like blueberries though I usually eat them on their own or in smoothies since I don't eat sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic, very delicious

    lovely Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Yum. I would eat it all day too and my girlish figure could not maintain it. Happy Valentines Weekend Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this cake looks good, it sounds delicious too! xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love blueberries! I made a blueberry coffee cake last week for a photo shoot, will share soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely delicious! I love blueberries in breakfast bakes x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this! I'll try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake looks delicious! Happy Valentine's Day Kizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always nice to learn a new recipe. This blueberry breakfast cake looks yummy. I like baking, I will try to bake this. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I followed my heart and it lead me to the same place hahaha! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow..this receipe is so amazing...thanks for sharing dear :-)
    Beauty and fashion/Glamansion

    ReplyDelete
  13. This definitely looks like something I need to try! yum yum.
    Sunset Desires

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, this looks so tasty, i can see why it got eaten so quickly! :) It's nice to stay inside on the crazy weather days!

    Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks good! I have all of the ingredients. Thanks for sharing lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig