| My current skin care routine |


Hiya lovelies, I hope you're week has gone well? It's been a while since I shared what I've been using in my skincare routine, so here we are. I get a lot of comments about my skin from my pictures and to be honest, I can have really bad break outs at times or react to different elements in either skincare products or things in the air that I might come in contact with, so skin care is really important to me. I've used really expensive products to really cheap ones too. Lately though, I've really been into stuff from Lush, I love going into my store in Glasgow, it's always so much fun and the people that work there are brilliant. I always walk out with something new. I decided to try their skincare products for the first time as usually I've just stuck to their body products. One of the gals gave me a demonstration of some products, I went away with just one but, ordered some online later when I ran out of stuff I had previously that I wanted to use up first. 
I love Lush because not only are their products as natural as can be, they don't test on animals and also work really hard to cut plastics and make their containers recyclable or able to be returned in exchange for face masks (I have a pile to return, yess, ha!) We need more and more companies taking more steps in reducing waste and using less plastics. So, if you're near a Lush store or can shop online - please do! So, let's check out what I've been using.... (Not sponsored, I bought these with my own money, opinions are my own)



I don't usually buy cleanser like this, as I've always used a foaming type of cleanser but, I decided to try something new and honestly, I don't think I will ever use another cleanser after using this. It works so good, before I had to use a eye makeup remover before cleansing my face with my foaming cleanser but, with this, it removes even my toughest eye makeup without having to put a lot of work into it. It literally melts my makeup (as you can see in the pictures) It's so gentle yet incredibly effective. Almond oil to moisturise and condition, Rose Water to calm and soothe, Fresh Iris extract that's aromatic and soothing, Honey that moisturising and antiseptic. I wear a lot of makeup for shoots & repeating this process used to leave my skin feeling irritated but, I don't have that problem anymore since using this cleanser. As you can see in the pictures, the Ultrabland is like a cream on the skin & the makeup kind of melts off & then you remove it with a warm wet cloth. I find using a face towel completely wet with warm water & then wrapped over my face really lovely to remove this, like a steam wrap facial, it's so relaxing. Lush must never discontinue this product or I'll freak, ha!



Breath of Fresh Air Toner water £6 / 100g

This is really refreshing, my actual second bottle of this product in a bigger size. I enjoyed it that much, I purchased the bigger size this time. I actually keep it in my bag (as you can tell by the state of my bottle label, lol) and spritz myself with it whenever I feel too warm or when your in the city and your skin gets that yucky feeling. It's cool and definitely feels like being at the sea, it's relaxing. Mineral rich seaweed, rose absolute to tone, balance and reduce redness, patchouli oil is cooling and astringent on the skin and Aloe vera to soothe and protect. Definitely one that I'll continue to use and purchase again, it's so refreshing, makes me feel like I'm at the beach even if I'm in a crowded city!


Grease Lightening £8.00 / 45g

Now that I'm older, I don't break out as much as I used to when I was a teenager. But, sometimes when I do, it takes ages for products to settle my skin down and I end up with scarring. So, I wasn't putting too much into trying this product when I randomly decided to try it with the rest of the stuff. But, I was proven wrong as it has to be one of the best spot treatments that I've used in a long time. It actually works quickly, I notice a difference even the next day, even if it's just redness reduction and my skin is clear within a few days. With soothing and protective organic aloe vera, Wobble wobble (carrageenan extract) Witch Hazel extract, balancing and calming Lavender oil, it really helps during that time of the month when one's hormones are in a mess, usually nothing helps my skin at that time but this product keeps my skin in check as much as it can, so I was really impressed by that. Scarring due to spots has greatly reduced and even started clearing up since using this, so I'll definitely continue to buy this one too.


Celestial Moisturiser £18 / 45g
This was my 1st time using a moisturiser from Lush, I always used a different brand before but ran out & decided to just give one a try. This was stamped as 'Best Seller', so that helped in my choice of this product. I also wanted something gentle really and without a heavy fragrance. It has moisturising and conditioning Almond oil, Soothing and purifying Fresh dove orchid extract, and sweet and soothing vanilla water. The fragrance is so light, you might not even catch it, it's creamy on the skin and sinks in instantly. Non-irritating. Anyone with really dry skin should definitely grab this, I even wear my makeup after it as well. My skin stays soft and moisturised all day with this, I'm not sure if I will wear this in the summer as it might prove too thick for the heat but, maybe at night instead. But, for my first time trying it, I would buy it again as it's gentle and I had no problems with it, the soft fragrance is calming, especially at night before bed. Might try something else for the warmer season though.

So there you are...which product sounded like something you'd try out? Do you have a favourite Lush product that I should try? Let me know in the comments, enjoy the rest of the week dolls, I'll be back on Monday!!

With Love from The Dainty Dolls House<3

25 comments

  1. I think am one of the few people that has never tried lush....I have to try the 1st one!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound Great for the Skin and the recycle idea is a very strong one. Since I am a Product junkie, I would like to try a few. Especially the Grease lighting for the occasional zit.
    www.madamtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound lovely especially the Ultrabland cleanser. I can't never resist buying anything when I'm in a Lush store. I just adore their whole Sleepy range and their bath bombs are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be obsessed with a Lush mask years ago but I think that's the only one of their products that I've tried. I've heard so many people rave about Ultrabland over the years, I really need to pick some up and give it a go x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lush's skincare line looks very good, I really liked how the facial cleanser works, which as you say practically melts makeup and removes it without hurting the skin. Kisses doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound like great products, it's nice to know they work for you! I have tried a lush facemask once and it was just okay, but I love the Dream Cream! I have eczema and it's the only product that heals my skin and stops the itching - it's such a great one, I always have at least one container of it at home and usually in my bag too!

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend! We are having a quiet one here :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. I've really got to get my hands on that cleanser. I enjoyed your review. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to read about your current skin care routine. It is great to know that this ultrablend Facial Cleanser works so well for you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you have a great skincare routine Kizzy! Your skin always looks flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to use Lush's clay cleanser, it was like a block of green clay but it was amazing. These sound lovely, doll. <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your current skin care routine sounds brilliant and girl you skin looks SO lovely and clear without makeup - you lucky thing!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  12. recyclable containers sounds great. And the products look very promising . thanks for sharing, doll.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these. Stay stay.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the recommendations! I definitely need to try the Grease Lightning as I've started breaking out again. The moisturizer sounds lovely too. I'm taking my daughter to Lush soon so she can choose a bath bomb and bubble bar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this one is something I would go for for sure.. thanks for sharing
    I miss you poems

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a good toner water/mist. I've been doing a lot of face masks during this quarantine.

    new post: https://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2020/04/stay-home-remodeling.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. So good line I love the effect of that facial cleanser
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Skin Care Products. I also love the Celestial Face Cream. :)

    lovely Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  19. For extraordinary Beauty tips tips have a look on our profile hauteher cosmo tips Solution for natural beauty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like great products! I need to try lush again, the products seam too good to skip on them

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also.
    turmeric face mask for acne scars

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig